There are thousands of United Way organizations across the USA, but…
- Every United Way is governed by a local board of directors.
- Every United Way sets goals and has a fundraising campaign.
- Every United Way decides how best to invest the money raised to solve community problems.
What do I need to know about our United Way?
- Donations stay where they are raised.
- Volunteers keep fundraising costs low!
- 85 cents of every dollar raised is given to local non-profit organizations.
- 52 non-profit organizations are part of United Way of the Black Hills.
How does United Way decide where the money goes?
- United Way agency visits
- Community Needs Assessment
- A local board of directors
For more information visit unitedwayblackhills.org